TRAINING AND AWARENESS PREPARES US FOR THE UNKNOWN OF TOMORROW
Active Shooter/Armed Intruder Management/Supervisor/Security Managers/Last Person Out (LPO) Training
Overview: This is a two hour class which will include a civilian response classroom presentation of various response options in the event of an active shooter/armed intruder emergency situation.
Goal: The overall goal is to enable the attendee, given an overview of the principles and fundamentals of Active Shooter/Armed Intruder Emergency Response, to react and respond to an emergency in a timely and proper manner increasing survivability. ESPADA wants every student to leave with a new sense of awareness to their surroundings, know what their options are, and thinking to what should they do if they were ever confronted with such an emergency.
Preparation: The training will be delivered through lecture and visual presentation. No real or simulated weapons of any kind will be used.
- Present case studies of past and recent Active Shooter situations, and how Leadership, First Responders and Law Enforcement responded/reacted to the situation.
- Response options.
- How the body responds to stress.
- Demonstrate effective methods to protect and barricade classrooms and office spaces.
- Identify common items found in most building that individuals can use as self–defense or as a deterrent to a hostile person entering their work space.
Review products and technologies available on the market to enhance security and safety.
Student Materials: Each student will receive a pocket/desk card with simple reminders of what they should do in an Active Shooter/Armed Intruder Emergency.
Records: A certificate of completion of the course will be given to Client for their HR employee records.
Space Requirements: Classroom or Theatre Seating, Electricity, Projector for Power Point Presentation, Sound is required. (If services are not available on site, ESPADA can provide for a minimal extra cost)
Pricing: $20 per attendee (priced for 1,000+ attendees)
Purpose: Consult in the development of response procedures to an Active Shooter. The ESPADA Team proposes the following initial Scope of Work (SOW) to develop the following tasks and materials:
Develop Initial AS Policy and Procedures – 15 Hours
- Review Office Layout with Client – Draw up Zones- 3hrs
o Using information from the site maps/drawings (provided by the client) the ESPADA team will work with client to divide up floors and office spaces into response zones.
- Develop Initial Procedures- 8hrs
o ESPADA’s security professionals will work with Client to develop an initial Active Shooter response procedure.
- Client Meetings- 3hrs
Work Up – Supervisory Personnel – 15 Hours
- Develop Customized Training Session and Materials- 9hrs
- Conduct Supervisor Training Sessions- 2hrs
o Training Session(s)
- Production of Key-notes & Checklist Cards- 4hrs
o Development of FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Work with Supervisory/Management team to expand AS preparation – 15 Hours
- Develop Supervisor/Management Team response plan – 5hrs
- Fully discuss Scenarios- 3hrs
- Coordinate meetings with First Responders (Police/Fire/EMS) and Client to discuss large scale emergency response- 7hrs
o What can we expect?
Anatomy of a response
Who – Nearest Police Substation and other responders
Personnel Notification System (Text/Email)
Pricing: Budgetary $100 per hour